It’s so easy to slip into a lazy routine whilst at home. Lounging in your PJ’s all day, having breakfast at 12 and binge watching Netflix all day. All this can take a toll on your motivation and productivity.
Here are our top tops to stay motivated during this time!
- Make a list – the best way to ensure you complete all your tasks for the day is to write a list. The first thing I do in the morning is enjoy a nice cup of tea and jot down all the jobs I need to get done. Ticking them off feels like such an achievement, even if it is something small like giving the house a hoover. I find this is one of the best ways to stay on track with your day.
- Get dressed up! Lounging around in your PJ’s all day might be nice for a day or two but the novelty soon wears off doesn’t it? Stick to your normal routine in the morning, get up and get dressed. At the weekends I enjoy scheduling a zoom call with friends and we get a bit dressed up for the occasion – why not?! It’s been really nice to put on some of my lipstick and a nice dress and now I look forward to a Saturday night zoom call!
- Rediscover a hobby – Why not use this time to rediscover a hobby? Perhaps you’ve tried learning something in the past but haven’t had the time to commit to it? Well now is the perfect time to try again! Perhaps it’s a yoga class, or learning a new language online or even learning some new computer skills? Setting yourself a goal will make you feel better once quarantine is over.
- Stay connected – This is so important. It’s easy to feel lonely during isolation, with our social lives coming to a grinding halt. But it is important to stay connected to the people you love. Schedule time during your week for catch ups with friends and family. Organise things to do together online. Just recently my family participated in an online quiz on Facebook, it was great fun and something we all looked forward to.
- Plan. Plan. Plan – Remember quarantine will come to an end and life will go back to normal. Why not plan a list of all the things you’ve been dreaming of doing whilst in isolation? All the places you would like to visit? Hopefully The Spa will be on the list!
Stay safe and keep well.