As we say farewell to winter and look forward to the (hopefully!) warmer spring season, it’s a good idea to focus on rejuvenating and refreshing your skin, after the months of harsh cold weather and drying central heating.
You may want to consider adjusting your skincare routine in the spring to the changing weather and environmental conditions. You don’t always have to buy new products, so I suggest having a look out for the following ingredients in your skincare – they may already be in your bathroom cabinet waiting to be used!
- Hyaluronic Acid – this amazing ingredient binds to water and helps to hydrate the skin, it is perfect for spring skin when the air is not as dry as it is during winter.
- Vitamin C – This works as an antioxidant and helps to brighten and skin and protect it from damaging UV rays, making it ideal for spring when the sun finally comes out again!
- Niacinamide – This is quite a trendy skincare ingredient at the moment, but it can work wonders reducing inflammation and soothing the skin. Ideal if you suffer from springtime allergies and skin sensitivity.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) – These might sound scary because of the ‘acid’ part of the name, but both glycolic acid and lactic acid (types of AHA) are gentle enough to use on the skin for exfoliation and removing dead skin cells. They help to reveal smoother, brighter skin!
- Lightweight moisturisers – You may have enjoyed using a heavier moisturiser in the depths of winter, but as the weather gets warmer you can switch to something lighter. Look for ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile and cucumber to soothe and hydrate the skin.
When you’re visiting the spa, we have some incredible facial treatments that are ideal for revealing beautiful spring skin, using the ingredients listed above and powered by the healing hands of our expert therapists. My favourites for spring are:
A hydrating facial: ESPA Active Nutrients Glow From Within Facial
Full of nourishing, nutrient-rich ingredients which embrace ESPA’s holistic approach to restoring radiance, feeding the skin so it glows with vitality. The ESPA Active Nutrients take dull, lethargic winter complexions and brighten and refresh them for that ‘spring clean’ feeling! The Gua Sha massage stimulates the lymphatic system and helps to boost both the blood flow to the face and the nutrients absorbed into the skin. Skin will be left with a lit-from-within luminosity.
A Peel: Epionce® Lite Refresh Peel
We have the Advanced Treatment room at Spa at Bedford Lodge, where you can book in for a light peel; a gentle but highly effective way to exfoliate dead skin cells and improve the texture and tone of the skin. Formulated with potent botanical ingredients but with a highly effective delivery system that doesn’t cause irritation on even the most sensitive skin types. The Lite Peel improves the appearance, tone and texture of the skin by increasing cell turnover, to freshen and brighten the complexion.
LED Treatment: Lightfusion™
LED light therapy uses different wavelengths of light to treat a variety of skin concerns, and combined with a hydrogel mask it works with improve skin texture and tone with no downtime and fast, lasting results. Regular Lightfusion™ treatments will improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as increasing hydration and balancing out an uneven skin texture and tone. LED treatments can improve the appearance of large pores as well as sun damage, hyper-pigmentation and age spots.
Will you be booking in for a spring facial?
Until next time,