As we age, our skin can lose its elasticity and this can affect many parts of the face and the body. One of the most prominent areas to age is the mouth and lips. Over time, the lips can thin, dehydrate and wrinkle and this is not only due to the natural ageing process and loss of substances such as collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, but environmental and lifestyle factors such as smoking, excessive sun exposure, adverse and extreme weather conditions, drinking too much alcohol and rapid weight loss through illness or over exercise. This can leave the lip area looking thin and with fine lines and wrinkles.
So, what can we do to combat ageing around the lips? Here at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel, our aesthetic practitioner’s, Dr Jennifer Mountjoy and Dr Victoria Waddingham offer a non-surgical, highly effective treatment for renewing, volumising and hydrating this area is that of the use of injectable, temporary dermal fillers which contain Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic acid creates “bounce”, fullness and a look of hydration to the skin and this is naturally lost over time.
We have selected 5 reasons why you could consider dermal filler injections for ageing, thinning lips and why you are in safe hands with our team:
- Safety is priority: Our doctors only use safe and tested HA fillers and this means that if you are suitable for treatment, you can be assured that they have your safety as a priority. The products they use for dermal filler injections, are highly effective and prefer to offer a ‘natural’ look to this area.
- Trusted products: The products that Drs Mountjoy and Waddingham choose, have a proven track record of longevity and providing natural results. We all want to look and feel our best and at The Spa, we understand that the longer you can maintain your desired look achieved, the less money and time you will ultimately spend, returning to The Spa, for the same treatment.
- Improving skin quality: Dermal fillers not only have a mechanical, ‘plumping’ effect on the underlying dermis, creating a fuller look, but, the fact that dermal fillers are made of the same substance which is naturally occurring in the body and gives our skin it’s hydrated look and feel, means that your overall skin texture, tone and elasticity will be improved in this area.
- Natural youthfulness: When we are young, our lips are full, hydrated and have a pouted appearance. No cream or lotion can replicate this as we age and dermal fillers have been used for many years as a safe and effective way of regaining the youthful appearance that we all desire.
- Qualifications: The aesthetic team at The Spa at Bedford Lodge Hotel are fully trained and qualified to deliver injectable treatments and to maintain a professional approach to all treatments and towards their patients. They will only perform lip filling treatment if they feel you are physically healthy and emotionally fit for treatment. A full consultation will be held where you will be able to voice your concerns and go through the treatment options available.
For more information on treatment of injectable, temporary dermal fillers, please contact our friendly spa team on 01638 676130
About the Spa
The elegant and stylish Suffolk Spa at the Bedford Lodge Hotel provides a natural, relaxing and aromatic environment, with plenty of beauty and wellbeing benefits, The Spa provides a wealth of indoor and outdoor spa facilities including a Hydrotherapy pool, roof top hot tub, a Rasul, Experiential showers, and a state of the art thermal area comprising a steam room and sauna .
The Spa also has 10 beautifully styled treatment rooms, a luxurious relaxation room, a therapy room for visiting cosmetic doctors offering non-invasive procedures and a Spa Lounge where guests can enjoy a selection of light bites. The treatment menu has been created in cooperation with leading British spa brand, ESPA and offers a compact range of natural, holistic and results driven treatments for the face, body and mind. A beauty room offers manicures and pedicures.