The Bowen Technique is a non-invasive remedial therapy using very gentle pressure. The practitioner uses thumbs and fingers to perform sets of rolling-type moves over muscles and soft tissue interspersed with short periods of rest in order for the body to respond and make subtle adjustments. There is no manipulation and no force is used. The technique is believed to prompt the body to repair and balance itself and clients report pain relief, improvement of function and increased energy.
The treatment takes approximately 45 minutes with most people experiencing a reduction in pain after their first visit. The average number of treatments is three to four with some needing further or on-going treatment. Long term relief from chronic and acute pain can often be achieved.
What can it treat?
Almost everything can respond well to Bowen treatment, including:-
- Musculoskeletal, back and neck problems, sciatica
- Painful and restricted shoulders, tennis elbow and R.S.I.
- Accident and sports injuries (with sportsmen/women reporting fewer injuries and enhanced performance)
- Problems with posture and body alignment
- Stress and tension, migraine and recurring headaches
- Respiratory conditions such as hay-fever and asthma
- Emotional illness where relaxation is a prime factor in easing pain and anxiety
1 Treatment – £40 (1 hour)
Special Offer – 3 Treatments for £100
*special offer price applies to your first 3 bookings only when paid upfront at your first session.